Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 11 km/h
- Barometer29.78 in (1008.1 mb)
- Dewpoint14°C (58°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Meridian, Key Field (KMEI)
Lat: 32.34°N Lon: 88.75°W Elev: 312ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 12 by 5pm. Breezy, with a northwest wind 25 to 30 km/h increasing to 35 to 40 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 60 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 1. North wind 20 to 25 km/h decreasing to 10 to 15 km/h after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 15. North wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming north 10 to 15 km/h in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 1. Calm wind.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 20. Light and variable wind becoming south 10 to 15 km/h in the morning.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Increasing clouds, with a low around 9.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 18.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 19.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marengo County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE