Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 20 km/h
- Barometer29.91 in
- Dewpoint-9°C (16°F)
- Visibility13 km
- Wind Chill-11°C (13°F)
Current conditions at
Ruidoso Regional (KSRR)
Lat: 33.36 Lon: -105.67 Elev: 6818ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of rain before 11am, then rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 7. Breezy, with a south wind 35 to 40 km/h decreasing to 30 to 35 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 60 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around a centimeter possible.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. South wind 15 to 20 km/h becoming east 5 to 10 km/h in the evening. New snow accumulation of less than one centimeter possible.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5. Southwest wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6. Southeast wind 15 to 25 km/h.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 6. South wind 15 to 25 km/h.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 4. Breezy.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -12.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 3.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -6.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 6.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Upper Tularosa Valley, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE