Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedN 7 km/h
- Barometer30.39 in (1030.1 mb)
- Dewpoint-7°C (19°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill0°C (32°F)
Current conditions at
Asheville Regional Airport (KAVL)
Lat: 35.44 Lon: -82.55 Elev: 2140ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 9. West wind 3 to 8 km/h.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -6. Northwest wind 8 to 16 km/h.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 3. Northwest wind 18 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 34 km/h.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -7. Northwest wind 8 to 13 km/h becoming light after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 8. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 km/h in the morning.
- Friday Night A chance of rain, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2.5 mm possible.
- Saturday Rain. High near 6. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow. Low around 2. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 7. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 7.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -3.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 8.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Buncombe County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE