Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 26 G 37 km/h
- Barometer30.02 in (1015.9 mb)
- Dewpoint2°C (35°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill8°C (46°F)
Current conditions at
Asheville Regional Airport (KAVL)
Lat: 35.44°N Lon: 82.55°W Elev: 2140ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 21. West northwest wind around 24 km/h, with gusts as high as 37 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 4. Northwest wind 11 to 14 km/h.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 23. Northwest wind 14 to 18 km/h.
- Tuesday Night Showers likely, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 9. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2.5 mm possible.
- Wednesday Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. High near 18. South wind 8 to 13 km/h becoming west southwest 19 to 24 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 47 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain showers before 1am, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers between 1am and 3am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 3am. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 4. Breezy.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around -4.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 13.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 14.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Buncombe County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE