Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 15 km/h
- Barometer30.18 in (1022.2 mb)
- Dewpoint2°C (36°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill1°C (34°F)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain likely, mainly before 4am. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 2. North wind around 10 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before 7am. Areas of fog before noon. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 7. North wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly after 3am. Low around 2. Northeast wind around 15 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 7. Northeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 6. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 11. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 2. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 6. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 6.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 7.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 9.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Knox County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE