Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 20 km/h
- Barometer30.32 in (1028.0 mb)
- Dewpoint-1°C (31°F)
- Visibility11 km
- Wind Chill-6°C (22°F)
Current conditions at
Wayne County Airport (KEKQ)
Lat: 36.86 Lon: -84.86 Elev: 963ft.
Whitley City KY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A chance of rain showers before 2am, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around -2. North wind 11 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday A slight chance of freezing drizzle and sleet before 8am, then a slight chance of freezing rain between 8am and 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 2. North northeast wind 10 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Saturday Night Freezing rain, mainly after midnight. Low around -1. East northeast wind around 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Sunday Freezing rain before 8am, then rain. High near 6. East northeast wind 8 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 4. Southwest wind 11 to 16 km/h increasing to 18 to 23 km/h after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 8. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 11pm, then a slight chance of snow between 11pm and 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -7.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 2.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -5.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 3.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -4.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 7.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McCreary County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE