Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSW 7 G 15 MPH
- Barometer30.01 in
- Dewpoint7°C (45°F)
- Wind Chill8°C (46°F)
Current conditions at
KE6AFE Santa Cruz (AP803)
Lat: 36.98217 Lon: -122.01533 Elev: 89ft.
Santa Cruz CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain, mainly between 11pm and 5am. Low around 4. Light and variable wind becoming west southwest 16 to 21 km/h after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 9. North northwest wind 14 to 19 km/h increasing to 22 to 27 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 37 km/h.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2. North northwest wind 14 to 16 km/h.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 9. North wind 13 to 16 km/h.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around -2. North northeast wind 8 to 10 km/h.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 12.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around -1.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 14.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 16.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Friday A slight chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Monterey Bay, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE