Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 9 km/h
- Barometer29.68 in (1004.9 mb)
- Dewpoint14°C (57°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Poplar Bluff Municipal Airport (KPOF)
Lat: 36.77 Lon: -90.32 Elev: 479ft.
Van Buren MO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1. West southwest wind 11 to 21 km/h becoming north northwest in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 32 km/h.
- Thursday A chance of rain and sleet before noon, then freezing rain and sleet, possibly mixed with rain. Temperature falling to around -1 by 4pm. North northwest wind 14 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 34 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of a centimeter possible. New sleet accumulation of around a centimeter possible.
- Thursday Night Snow and sleet, becoming all snow after 3am. Steady temperature around -19. North wind 14 to 21 km/h, with gusts as high as 29 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 centimeters possible.
- Friday Snow. High near -4. North wind 18 to 24 km/h, with gusts as high as 37 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -13. North wind 13 to 18 km/h.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near -4. North northeast wind around 14 km/h.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -8. Northeast wind 11 to 14 km/h.
- Sunday Snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near -1. Northeast wind 8 to 13 km/h becoming light north in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. Light and variable wind becoming west northwest 8 to 13 km/h in the evening.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -1. Northwest wind 11 to 13 km/h.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14. Northwest wind around 11 km/h.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near -5. Northwest wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -15. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near -1. Calm wind.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Carter County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE