Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 24 G 30 MPH
- Barometer30.14 in
- Dewpoint-15°C (5°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-10°C (14°F)
Current conditions at
KANAB MUNICIPAL AIRPORT (KKNB)
Lat: 37.01 Lon: -112.53 Elev: 4865ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near -1. Calm wind.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. East northeast wind 5 to 10 km/h increasing to 16 to 21 km/h in the evening.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 0. East northeast wind 10 to 18 km/h becoming south southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -9. West wind 11 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 centimeters possible.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near -2. North wind 10 to 13 km/h becoming west in the morning.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -12.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 0.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -8.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 3.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -6.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Utah's Dixie and Zion National Park, UT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE