Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Dewpoint-4°C (25°F)
Current conditions at
Happy Isles (AHIC1)
Lat: 37.7308 Lon: -119.5589 Elev: 4036ft.
6 Miles NE Yosemite Valley CA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around -13 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -21. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 30 to 40 km/h, with gusts as high as 60 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 centimeters possible.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -19. Wind chill values as low as -26. South wind 20 to 25 km/h decreasing to 10 to 15 km/h after midnight.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near -3. Wind chill values as low as -26. East northeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming calm.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around -16. Wind chill values as low as -27. Light and variable wind becoming east northeast 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 1. East northeast wind 25 to 30 km/h decreasing to 20 to 25 km/h in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 40 km/h.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around -10. East northeast wind around 15 km/h.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 4. East wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -7. East wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 6. East wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming south in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7. South wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5. Southwest wind 10 to 15 km/h increasing to 20 to 25 km/h in the morning.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6. West wind 20 to 25 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 4. Northwest wind 10 to 15 km/h becoming north northeast 20 to 25 km/h in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 35 km/h.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sierra Nevada from Yosemite to Kings Canyon, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE