Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 20 km/h
- Barometer29.64 in (1003.2 mb)
- Dewpoint3°C (37°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport (KLEX)
Lat: 38.05°N Lon: 84.6°W Elev: 981ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Scattered showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. South wind 11 to 21 km/h, with gusts as high as 34 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Wednesday Rain showers before 5pm, then rain and snow showers likely. Some thunder is also possible. Temperature falling to around 2 by 4pm. Breezy, with a southwest wind 23 to 28 km/h becoming northwest 34 to 39 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 65 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Wednesday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -9. Northwest wind 21 to 27 km/h, with gusts as high as 40 km/h.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3. Wind chill values as low as -16. Northwest wind around 14 km/h.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3. South wind 8 to 11 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 13.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 10.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 7.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 13.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clark County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE