Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Freezing Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedE 24 km/h
- Barometer30.25 in (1025.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-4°C (24°F)
- Visibility10 km
- Wind Chill-9°C (15°F)
Current conditions at
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport (KLEX)
Lat: 38.05 Lon: -84.6 Elev: 981ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Freezing rain and sleet before 1pm, then rain. High near 2. East wind 13 to 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of a centimeter possible. Total daytime sleet accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Tonight Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 1. Southeast wind 11 to 13 km/h becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2.5 mm possible.
- Monday A chance of rain before 10am, then a chance of drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 3. West wind 11 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5. Northwest wind around 10 km/h.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 0. West wind 10 to 13 km/h.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -9.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 4.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -9.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near -3.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -8.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 4.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 4. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fayette County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE