Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 15 km/h
- Barometer29.79 in (1008.4 mb)
- Dewpoint13°C (55°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Frankfort, Capital City Airport (KFFT)
Lat: 38.18 Lon: -84.9 Elev: 804ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A slight chance of showers between midnight and 2am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 16. South wind 16 to 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Temperature falling to around 7 by 5pm. Southwest wind around 13 km/h becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 cm possible.
- Thursday Night Rain. Low around 2. North wind 11 to 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 cm possible.
- Friday Rain before 3pm, then rain, possibly mixed with snow between 3pm and 5pm, then rain and sleet, possibly mixed with snow and freezing rain after 5pm. High near 2. North wind 14 to 23 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Snow, possibly mixed with sleet before 1am, then a slight chance of snow between 1am and 4am. Low around -7. North wind 13 to 21 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around 3 centimeters.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Saturday Night Freezing rain after 1am. Low around -7. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain or freezing rain. High near 1. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 0. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 2. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -6.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -4.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Franklin County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE