Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer29.90 in (1015.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-11°C (12°F)
- Visibility2.01 km
Current conditions at
Montrose, Montrose Regional Airport (KMTJ)
Lat: 38.50500 Lon: -107.89750 Elev: 5758ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -18. South southwest wind around 10 km/h becoming east southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 centimeters possible.
- Thursday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near -7. Wind chill values as low as -25. Southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming northwest in the morning.
- Thursday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -18. Calm wind.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near -6. Calm wind.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. South southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -4.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -5.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -19.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -10.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -19.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -17.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Gunnison and Uncompahgre River Basin, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE