Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNNE 3 G 7 MPH
- Dewpoint-7°C (20°F)
Current conditions at
BEN BOLT (BENC1)
Lat: 38.590836 Lon: -120.933622 Elev: 905ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 30 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 4. East wind 8 to 18 km/h becoming south in the afternoon. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one centimeter possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around -2. South southeast wind 16 to 21 km/h increasing to 22 to 27 km/h after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 42 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Snow showers, mainly before 10am. High near 1. South southwest wind 13 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 34 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9. Northwest wind 5 to 11 km/h becoming east northeast in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 2. East northeast wind 11 to 16 km/h becoming light and variable in the morning.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 4.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -5.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 7.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 10.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 12.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Motherlode, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE