Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 24 km/h
- Barometer30.43 in (1031.6 mb)
- Dewpoint-16°C (4°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-16°C (4°F)
Current conditions at
Columbia Regional Airport (KCOU)
Lat: 38.83 Lon: -92.22 Elev: 893ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 20 percent chance of snow before 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -6. North wind 18 to 21 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around -14. North wind 14 to 18 km/h.
- Saturday Sunny and cold, with a high near -7. North wind 11 to 14 km/h becoming northeast in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after 1am. Increasing clouds, with a low around -9. East wind 11 to 16 km/h.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 7am. Cloudy, with a high near -3. East wind 13 to 16 km/h becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 7pm, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle between 7pm and 1am, then a chance of freezing drizzle after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday A chance of freezing drizzle before 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near -6.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near -2.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -11.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Boone County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE