Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 5 MPH
- Barometer30.08 in (1027.3 mb)
- Dewpoint-15°C (5°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-16°C (4°F)
Current conditions at
Grand Junction, Walker Field (KGJT)
Lat: 39.13389 Lon: -108.53861 Elev: 4859ft.
Grand Junction CO
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near -8. Calm wind.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around -17. East southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after noon. High near -7. East wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around -9. South wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 centimeters possible.
- Sunday Snow, mainly before 11am. High near -6. West wind around 15 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -16.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -8.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -19.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -8.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Grand Valley, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE