Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 13 km/h
- Barometer30.60 in (1037.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-19°C (-2°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-16°C (3°F)
Current conditions at
Charles B Wheeler Downtown Airport (KMKC)
Lat: 39.12 Lon: -94.6 Elev: 758ft.
Kansas City MO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -16. North wind around 11 km/h.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near -7. Wind chill values between -12 and -22. North northeast wind around 11 km/h.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a low around -9. East wind 11 to 16 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Snow. High near -4. East southeast wind 11 to 16 km/h becoming light south southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 centimeters possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -10. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 11 to 16 km/h in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -8.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -11.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near -1.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 2.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 5.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jackson County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE