Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 9 km/h
- Barometer30.51 in (1033.6 mb)
- Dewpoint-7°C (19°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-3°C (26°F)
Current conditions at
Martinsburg, Eastern W. Virginia Reg/Shepherdstown (KMRB)
Lat: 39.41 Lon: -77.98 Elev: 531ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around -5. North wind 11 to 14 km/h.
- Sunday Snow before 4pm, then snow and sleet. High near -2. North wind 8 to 13 km/h becoming east in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 4 to 8 centimeters possible.
- Sunday Night Snow and sleet before 10pm, then freezing rain. Low around -2. Northeast wind 5 to 14 km/h becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.2 to 0.4 of a centimeter possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of around a centimeter possible.
- Monday Freezing rain before 10am, then rain. High near 4. Southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4. West wind 10 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between 2.5 and 5 mm possible.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 1. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near -1.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -9.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near -1.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE