Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 9 km/h
- Barometer30.35 in
- Dewpoint-14°C (7°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-7°C (20°F)
Current conditions at
Frederick Municipal Airport (KFDK)
Lat: 39.42 Lon: -77.37 Elev: 308ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -9. Southwest wind around 14 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2. West wind 13 to 16 km/h.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. Calm wind.
- Saturday Snow before 2pm, then snow and sleet. High near 0. East wind 5 to 11 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Saturday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 8pm, then rain or freezing rain. Low around -1. East wind 8 to 10 km/h becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 2.5 and 5 mm possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 2.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 4.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Frederick County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE