Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 26 km/h
- Barometer30.46 in (1032.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-14°C (6°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-12°C (11°F)
Current conditions at
Springfield, Capital Airport (KSPI)
Lat: 39.86 Lon: -89.67 Elev: 586ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near -2. Breezy, with a southwest wind 27 to 32 km/h decreasing to 18 to 23 km/h in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -7. South southwest wind around 14 km/h.
- Friday Snow likely after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 1. South wind 11 to 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 centimeters possible.
- Friday Night Occasional snow. Low around -2. South southeast wind 5 to 11 km/h becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 centimeters possible.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 1. Light and variable wind becoming north northwest 11 to 16 km/h in the morning.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near -5.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 0.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sangamon County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE