Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 7 km/h
- Barometer30.26 in (1026.3 mb)
- Dewpoint-4°C (25°F)
- Visibility8 km
- Wind Chill-4°C (24°F)
Current conditions at
Morgantown Municipal-Hart Field (KMGW)
Lat: 39.64 Lon: -79.92 Elev: 1240ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow and sleet before 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet. High near -1. East wind around 11 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 7 to 11 centimeters possible.
- Tonight Freezing rain and sleet before 1am, then rain and sleet. Low around -2. South wind 16 to 21 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of a centimeter possible. New sleet accumulation of less than one centimeter possible.
- Monday Rain. High near 5. Southwest wind 18 to 21 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2.5 mm possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow before 1am, then a slight chance of flurries. Cloudy, with a low around -5. West wind 13 to 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than 1 mm possible.
- Tuesday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -1. West wind 13 to 16 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 0.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Somerset County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE