Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 22 G 33 km/h
- Barometer30.28 in (1025.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-12°C (11°F)
- Wind Chill-10°C (14°F)
Current conditions at
Montauk Airport (KMTP)
Lat: 41.08 Lon: -71.92 Elev: 7ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near -2. Northwest wind 21 to 29 km/h.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -7. West wind 13 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 39 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1. West wind 24 to 29 km/h.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. North wind 16 to 21 km/h.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 2. Northeast wind 18 to 27 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Snow before 11pm, then rain and snow between 11pm and 2am, then rain after 2am. Low around 0. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 cm possible.
- Sunday Rain before 11am. High near 5. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2. Breezy.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 6.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 1. Breezy.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southeast Suffolk, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE