Winter Weather Impacting the Eastern U.S. Tuesday
Snow is falling from Tennessee Valley into the Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday . The fast moving system is creating swath of 2 to 7 inches of snow from southwest Virginia to the New England coast. Heavy Lake Effect snows will also impact the Lower Great Lakes into later this week, with up to two feet of accumulation.
- Wind SpeedW 30 G 44 km/h
- Barometer30.19 in
- Dewpoint-14°C (7°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-16°C (4°F)
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.3 Lon: -93.12 Elev: 928ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near -6. Wind chill values as low as -15. Breezy, with a west wind 16 to 26 km/h, with gusts as high as 37 km/h.
- Tonight A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly between 11pm and 5am. Increasing clouds, with a steady temperature around -22. Wind chill values as low as -15. South wind 11 to 16 km/h becoming northwest 18 to 23 km/h after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 32 km/h. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 centimeters possible.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around -15 by 1pm. Wind chill values as low as -25. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 21 to 26 km/h decreasing to 11 to 16 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 37 km/h.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around -14 by 10pm. Wind chill values as low as -25. West wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming west southwest 11 to 16 km/h after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -5. Southwest wind 14 to 18 km/h, with gusts as high as 29 km/h.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near -3.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near -8.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -5.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE