Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Overcast and Breezy
- Wind SpeedNE 41 G 54 km/h
- Barometer29.66 in (1004.5 mb)
- Dewpoint0°C (32°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill3°C (37°F)
Current conditions at
Des Moines International Airport (KDSM)
Lat: 41.54°N Lon: 93.65°W Elev: 957ft.
Des Moines IA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 8. Windy, with a northeast wind 37 to 42 km/h, with gusts as high as 60 km/h.
- Tonight Rain and snow before 2am, then a slight chance of snow between 2am and 4am. Low around -5. Windy, with a north northwest wind 34 to 37 km/h, with gusts as high as 50 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around a centimeter possible.
- Wednesday Scattered flurries between 7am and 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 1. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 24 to 32 km/h, with gusts as high as 45 km/h.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -5. North northwest wind 11 to 16 km/h becoming northwest 5 to 10 km/h after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 13. Southwest wind 13 to 21 km/h.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 13.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 0.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 8.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 5.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 6.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE