Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 26 km/h
- Barometer29.80 in (1009.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-11°C (13°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-8°C (17°F)
Current conditions at
Grand Rapids, Gerald R. Ford International Airport (KGRR)
Lat: 42.89°N Lon: 85.52°W Elev: 793ft.
Grand Rapids MI
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon A 10 percent chance of snow before 5pm. Partly sunny, with a steady temperature around -22. North wind 24 to 26 km/h, with gusts as high as 39 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -18. North wind 11 to 18 km/h.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -4. Wind chill values as low as -18. Light and variable wind becoming south southwest 9 to 14 km/h in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4. South wind 14 to 16 km/h.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 6. South southwest wind 21 to 24 km/h.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow showers before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 2.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 4.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kent County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE