Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 7 km/h
- Barometer30.63 in (1042.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-30°C (-22°F)
- Wind Chill-34°C (-29°F)
Current conditions at
Chamberlain Municipal Airport (K9V9)
Lat: 43.8 Lon: -99.32 Elev: 1739ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near -15. Wind chill values as low as -33. West southwest wind 5 to 15 km/h becoming east southeast in the afternoon.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around -18. Wind chill values as low as -28. Southeast wind 15 to 20 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one centimeter possible.
- Sunday A chance of snow, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near -11. Southeast wind 10 to 20 km/h becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow before 7pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -21. Wind chill values as low as -31. West northwest wind 10 to 15 km/h increasing to 20 to 25 km/h after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -10. West northwest wind 20 to 25 km/h becoming south southwest in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near -8.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -20.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near -11.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near -6.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Brule County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE