Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
- Wind SpeedNW 6 km/h
- Barometer29.97 in
- Dewpoint3°C (37°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Bar Harbor Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting (KBHB)
Lat: 44.46 Lon: -68.37 Elev: 85ft.
Bar Harbor ME
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -1. Northwest wind around 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one centimeter possible.
- Saturday Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 2. Northwest wind 13 to 18 km/h increasing to 19 to 24 km/h in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -7. Northwest wind 24 to 27 km/h.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near -1. Northwest wind 21 to 26 km/h.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow after 4am. Partly cloudy, with a low around -9. Northwest wind 10 to 14 km/h becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 4. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between 2.5 and 5 mm possible.
- Monday Night Rain likely before 1am, then a chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 0. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near -2. Breezy.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -5.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near -1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Hancock, ME
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE