Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 6 km/h
- Barometer30.23 in
- Dewpoint-17°C (1°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Harry Stern Airport (KBWP)
Lat: 46.23 Lon: -96.6 Elev: 968ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near -9. Calm wind.
- Tonight Cloudy, with a low around -18. Light east northeast wind becoming north northeast 9 to 14 km/h in the evening.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near -14. Wind chill values as low as -26. Northeast wind around 14 km/h. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 centimeters possible.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -19. North northeast wind 9 to 14 km/h becoming light northeast after midnight.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near -16. Light and variable wind becoming west 9 to 14 km/h in the morning.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -23.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -14.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -16.
- Monday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -10.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near -7.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -17.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -9.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richland County, ND
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE