Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 20 km/h
- Barometer30.23 in (1026.1 mb)
- Dewpoint-21°C (-6°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-28°C (-18°F)
Current conditions at
Fargo, Hector International Airport (KFAR)
Lat: 46.91 Lon: -96.8 Elev: 900ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely, mainly between 9am and noon. Cloudy, with a high near -16. Wind chill values as low as -30. North northeast wind 18 to 24 km/h, with gusts as high as 29 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 centimeters possible.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around -22. Wind chill values as low as -32. North northeast wind 13 to 18 km/h becoming light after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around a centimeter possible.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near -15. Light and variable wind becoming west 8 to 13 km/h in the morning. New snow accumulation of around a centimeter possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -22. Wind chill values as low as -29. Northwest wind 5 to 13 km/h becoming northeast after midnight.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -13. Northeast wind 5 to 11 km/h becoming south southeast in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -15.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near -6.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near -9.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -16.
- Thursday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near -12.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Ransom County, ND
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE